Saturday, February 17, 2007

Wow, so as Matt Shriver would say, "i have been off the back in updating my website lately". Anyway, alot has been going on and i haven't found much time to update my blog. Track has been killing me so i havent been doing much riding. This week before today i had done a total of maybe 3 hours, all on the rollers. Thats sad, especially since i probably ran for about 8 this week. The only time that i can catch up on miles lost is on the weekends so i generally plan on about 4 hours both Saturday and Sunday. My first track meet is only two weeks away and my first bike race is the day after that so i have alot coming up in the very near future. With track and riding i havent found any time to get in the gym, but i have been lifting pretty much daily in the ROTC room at school. My weight is starting to steady in at a pretty reasonable place of about 156 pounds and my BMI is about 7 so i guess that aspect of my fitness is pretty good. I got up 160 on the bench press yesterday which is a far cry from the 175 i have been hoping for, but hopefully i will get there soon enough.

Today i went out with THE NUTS and SKINNY on the trusty KHS FLITES for about 2.5 hours. I wasnt happy with that so i tacked on an extra hour to bring the grand total ride time to 3 hours and 40 minutes with exactly 60 miles. Had to run by my girlfriend's house in the last hour because i ran out of food and water and was very near death, but somehow i made it home with a respectable ride in a respectable time. I threw in a bit of dirt road off of Alameda on the way home and i must say, i am more and more impressed with my FLITE TEAM on every ride. Did i mention i got the brand new 2007 KHS XCTEAM mountainbike? you want to talk about a sick bike...thats the one. If you are looking for a good 4 inch travel cross country bike that is smooth as butta and stiff as a frozen corn cob i suggest you get your butt over to the BIKE COOP and have them order you up one.

Not much time until graduation.
B

No comments: