Sunday, December 03, 2006


Not much happening with me this weekend other than the sweet team Christmas party and a nice race attempt today. I say attempt because i crashed really hard on the first lap and ripped a side of my body off. I got back up and did another lap, dropped a chain and ended up running nearly an entire lap. After a bike switch i rode another 2 laps and when i looked down and saw blood dripping down my leg and a big hole in my skin suit i called it quits. With a roll of Saran wrap and a jar of vaseline i was able to get it all wrapped up and treated, unfortunately it gave me the appearance of a giant used condom being held in place with tape. I guess that is all part of the game. The good news is that i didnt do any major damage to the sweet bike and i didnt break any bones.
Yesterday we had a team Christmas party at the Freeman's house which was just sweet. I ate way too much food but had a really good time. In addition we managed to talk Clarissa's mom into letting her go to nationals which means that we may at least get someone on the podium. I wanted to go rock climbing afterward, but Caleb bailed because he wanted to do well in the race today and Amanda's swim meet got out late so she couldnt go either. Thats it for now i guess. I am going to down a few thousand milligrams of Motrin and hit the sack.
The picture is from Durango.

2 comments:

ojulius said...

Youch! Sorry to hear about the crash. Doesn't sound like it was fun. :)

--The Crazy Guy's Wife

Anonymous said...

That must be a light bike. It even levitates. Cool!